RELEASE OF LIABILITY FOR PARTICIPANTS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE AGREEING (SCROLL DOWN TO READ FULL TEXT).
In consideration of my child/ward, being allowed to participate in any way in Steve Waugh Cricket events and activities, I acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
I warrant and certify that my child will be under 18 years of age on the date/dates of the cricket clinics and he/she has my consent and is capable of participating in these events. I confirm that I have read and understood this declaration, warrant, waiver and release and that I agree, on behalf of my child, to be bound by each of those conditions and having done so, I submit this voluntarily.
I acknowledge that there exists a risk of injury to my child from their activities in these programs, including the potential for permanent disability and death. While Steve Waugh Cricket’s procedures, policies and equipment, combined with my child’s personal discipline, may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does still exist, therefore:
1) ON BEHALF OF MYSELF, MY SPOUSE/PARTNER, AND CHILD, I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF Steve Waugh Cricket or others, and assume full responsibility for my child’s participation; and,
2) I willingly agree to comply with Steve Waugh Cricket’s terms and conditions for participation. If I have any unusual significant concern in my child’s readiness for participation and/or in the program itself, I will remove my child from the participation and bring such attention to the nearest Steve Waugh Cricket official immediately; and,
3) I myself, my spouse, my child, and on behalf of my/our heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS Steve Waugh Cricket, its directors, officers, officials, agents, employees, volunteers, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (the “releasees”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property incident to my child’s involvement or participation in Steve Waugh Cricket programs, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
4) I, for myself, my spouse, my child, and on behalf of my/our heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS all the above Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my involvement or participation in these programs, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THEIR NEGLIGENCE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY CHECKING THE “I agree to the terms and conditions” BUTTON BELOW, AND PROCEEDING TO THE REGISTRATION PAGES. I DO THIS FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
- (A) I permit any authorised agent of Steve Waugh Cricket to arrange for medical attention for my child or to transfer my child to a medical centre or to a hospital if, in the opinion of that person, medical attention is needed or is likely to be needed for my child.
- (B) I agree that on transporting My Child to any hospital or medical facility, Steve Waugh Cricket will have no further responsibility for, or in respect of, my child.
- (C) I agree to pay all costs associated with such medical care or attention and for related transportation for my child and I agree to indemnify and to keep indemnified Steve Waugh Cricket for and in respect of any such costs incurred.
- (D) I further authorise a medical centre or any hospital, its assigns, employees or agents to render any necessary or emergency medical care or attention to my child if considered necessary by a medical practitioner employed by a medical centre or any hospital.
- (E) I am aware that the practice of medicine in a surgery is not an exact science and I acknowledge that no guarantees have been made to me/my child as to the result of treatment or examinations at a medical centre or at any hospital.
PLEASE NOTE: In the event of wet weather on the day(s) of scheduled Steve Waugh Cricket clinics and academies, that results in closure of playing fields and facilities, Steve Waugh Cricket will either provide coaching in suitable undercover facilities, or alternatively will reschedule affected clinics/academies to a later date. If your child(ren) is/are unavailable for a rescheduled clinic/academy, your booking fee will be refunded.
Furthermore, I agree to Steve Waugh Cricket utilising any images of my child taken during their participation in Steve Waugh Cricket clinics for the purposes of ongoing publicity and marketing purposes. If I do not agree to the use of such photos, I will notify Steve Waugh Cricket in writing prior to the commencement of any clinic(s) in which my child participates.